Zoning shapes the City of Chattanooga and Hamilton County. Through zoning, our community is divided into districts or zones which regulate building size, location, population density and the way land is used. Typical zoning categories include districts for residential, commercial, office, manufacturing, warehousing, and flood hazard areas. Zoning is also a key tool for carrying out planning policy.
Click on a link below.
- City of Chattanooga ROW Abandonment Review Process
- General Rezoning Information
- General Zoning Classifications
- Rezoning Application Process
- Site Plan Requirements Policy
- Zoning Applications
- Zoning Application Deadlines and Meeting Dates 2022-2023
- Zoning Regulations
- Zoning Maps
- Zoning Studies
- Property Owner Authorization
Zoning Verification Letters
Requests for Zoning Verification Letters for properties located in the City of Chattanooga can be requested here.
Requests for Zoning Verification Letters for properties located in unincorporated Hamilton County can be requested by the Hamilton County Building Inspections Department at (423) 209-7860.