The Chattanooga-Hamilton County Regional Planning Agency/Department of City Planning is seeking a Planning Technician for its Development Services division.
Job announcement information may be found here: https://chattanooga.gov/human-resources or click HERE for direct link.
The Chattanooga-Hamilton County Regional Planning Agency is a joint agency of the City of Chattanooga and Hamilton County. The staff is composed of professional city planners, urban designers, researchers, graphic designers and administrative personnel. Its major responsibilities include developing land use plans and transportation plans, administering zoning, proposing development policies, and reviewing new subdivisions and other development projects. The Regional Planning Agency is hiring a Planning Technician.
Apply before 10/12/2022, 11:59 PM
Salary: $32,136.00 – $46,158.42 Annually
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. (EST)
*Hours may vary due to work assignments, or projects.*
FLSA Status: This is an Non-Exempt position.
Department: Regional Planning Agency
Location: 1250 Market Street, DRC Building
Incumbents in this classification are responsible for providing technical support to planning personnel and the public. Duties include performing specialized paraprofessional work involving zoning, GIS or other areas and providing customer service on planning issues. Work is performed with moderate supervision.
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Provides technical assistance and information to staff and the public related to specific planning programs areas or ordinances.
- Reviews and ensures zoning applications for required documentation.
- Performs routine office tasks in designated program areas including data entry, file management, copying, and answering the telephone.
- Maintains automated tracking systems, hard copy files, and records. Prepares a variety of public notices or property owner verifications.
- Prepares maps, charts, tables of limited complexity. Assists with researching and compiling information on a variety of planning issues from multiple sources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum two (2) years of any combination of relevant education training or experience sufficient to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Any combination of equivalent experience and education to perform the essential functions of the position will be considered
- Examples of relevant education include college-level coursework or vocational training in planning, architecture, drafting, computer-generated mapping or related area and Examples of relevant experience include planning, drafting, or in a related area.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid Tennessee Driver’s License.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of basic planning principles and practices; descriptive statistics; principles and practices of research and data collection; customer service principles; modern office procedures and practices; zoning principles; applicable federal, state and local laws, ordinances, codes, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
Skill in providing customer service; reading maps; reviewing applications, forms and information for completeness and accuracy; maintaining files and records; using a computer and related software applications; communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require reaching, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work. Incumbents may be subjected to extreme temperatures.
- Safety Sensitive: N
- Department of Transportation – CDL: N
- Child Sensitive: N
All employees must maintain Tennessee residency from the date of hire.
This position requires a pre-employment background check.
The City of Chattanooga, Tennessee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer 22606 WJ
Job announcement information and full position descriptions may be found here: chattanooga.gov/human-resources and chcrpa.org/employment-opportunities